What is a medican grade Chemical Peel?
- A medical grade chemical peel is a peel that has been extensively researched and can only be used by a healthcare expert. It works by lifting away dead cells, allowing cell renewal and overall improvement in skin quality.
What are the benefits of a medical grade Chemical Peel?
- It will even the skin tone while reducing the appearance of acne scars and hyperpigmentation, soften fine lines and wrinkles. The newly renewed/exfoliated skin will be more hydrated and brighter as well as able to soak up regular skin care products better. It is a great anti aging regimen to add to your other beauty regimen.
Who is a good candidate for a medical grade Chemical Peel?
- Anyone with Fitzpatrik skin type I through V.
Type I consists of pale white skin which always burns, does not tan. Type V is brown skin that rarely burns, tans dark easily.
People with Fitzpatrick skin type VI i.e., dark brown or black skin which never burns but always tans darkly, are not ideal candidates for this peel.
How often can I do a medical grade Chemical Peel?
- It can be done every 4 to 6 weeks.
How much down time is required?
- Typically 3-5 days, depending on skin type.